- Capacity: 32 ounces (0.95 liters)
- Effect Duration: Approximately 4 weeks, depending on the types of insects
- Before Use: Mix with water
- Active Ingredients: 0.08% gamma-cyhalothrin
- Effective On: Outdoor pests and insects such as mosquitoes, bugs, ants, fleas, ticks, grubs, crickets, worms, beetles and flies
- Fogger Compatibility: ULV and thermal foggers that work with water-based solutions
- Use: Outdoors only
Spectracide Triazicide is an insecticide solution used to kill and repel many outdoor pests. The solution can be used to kill over 260 listed insects, making this a really universal solution. We can immediately say, however, that it won’t work on every pest you can find in your backyard. For example, many users have reported the solution to be ineffective on ant problems as it only works only on specific species of ants. For a list of all insects that the Spectracide Triazicide solution works on, read the product label. Other than that, this is a really effective insecticide, especially for controlling mosquitoes and other insects.
Spectracide Triazicide comes in a 32-ounce (0.95-liter) bottle. The solution is concentrated and should be diluted with water before use. As mosquito control, this insecticide provides long-lasting protection. After a successful misting session, you should have a mosquito-free backyard. Spraying can be repeated after a few weeks to keep the mosquitoes away. As mentioned before, this insecticide is made to kill all types of pests that live outdoors. It should be primarily used on the lawn. The active ingredient in Spectracide Triazicide insect killer is gamma-cyhalothrin in a concentration of 0.08 percent. Previously, the solution contained gamma-cyhalothrin in a 0.25% concentration which killed insects on contact, but for safety reasons, they reduced the amount of the active ingredient in the solution. However, this insecticide still works great for mosquito control applications. The effects of spraying can last for 4 or more weeks, depending on the types of pests you are trying to eliminate.
This fogging solution is safe to use on vegetation such as plants, trees, vegetables, fruit, and flowers. It does not leave stains on most materials, but when misting around your house where there are different surface materials, make sure to test the solution in a small area to ensure that it does not leave any stains. The insecticide comes with clear usage instructions. In addition, the company will refund your money if the solution is ineffective at controlling pests, which is a nice gesture that and shows that Spectracide stands by the quality of their products.
What to Use This Product On
Spectracide Triazicide can be used on many outdoor pests and insects such as mosquitoes, bugs, ants, fleas, ticks, grubs, crickets, worms, beetles, flies etc. The solution not only kills insects above the ground but in the ground as well. For a more precise list of insects that the solution works on, again read the product label. The solution will only work on specific types of ants. Below, you will find an excerpt of the label with all the species of ants on which the solution is effective.
Where to Use
Spectracide Triazicide insecticide can only be used outdoors. You can use it on lawns, vegetation, landscape, and other places outdoors.
The solution comes as a concentrate and needs to be diluted with water before use. This means that it can be used with ULV foggers and thermal foggers that can spray water-based solutions. Remember to clean the fogger after spraying the insecticide so that it does not get damaged by the chemicals.
How to Use
Spectracide Triazicide insecticide comes with clear usage instructions that should be carefully read before use. Here are some general rules for how to use this insecticide.
- For the best mosquito control, a few hours before fogging, wet the grass and make sure that the next few days won’t have heavy rain.
- Mix 1.5 ounces (44 milliliters) of the solution with 1 gallon (3.8 liters) of water and put the mixture into the fogger.
- When fogging make sure to thoroughly cover all areas where mosquitoes might be hiding including tree foliage, vegetation, long grass and dark or humid areas around the house and other places.
- Don’t fog while it’s raining outside.
- Repeat the fogging after few weeks for a more long-term effect.
- For best results, it is recommended to spray this insecticide solution for the first time as soon as the insects appear.
The insecticide contains chemicals that are dangerous to humans and animals, so apply this insecticide with extra caution and do not allow kids or pets to enter into the fogged areas until they are completely dry. Use protective gloves when working with any insecticide. Make sure to keep the solution out of the reach of children. And store the fogging solution in a cool, dry place.