What are mosquito nets for babies?
What type of baby mosquito nets are there?
- Baby crib mosquito net – specially made mosquito nets for babies and their cribs, so that they are protected during the night.
- Playpen baby mosquito net – nets that stretch over the top of baby’s playpen, so that your little ones can play even outside and still be safe from mosquitoes.
- Baby mosquito net for strollers – netting that stretches over the seat part of a baby strollers and keeps the baby mosquito-bite free during walks and other outings.
- Mosquito netting for baby car seats/carriers – baby mosquito net that goes over baby car seats or carriers and won’t allow any insect to attack your kids while they are in this seat.
- Baby tents with mosquito nets – a tent like constructions usually made with padded mattress or floor and a mosquito net for baby, so you can go on trips to the beach, park, campsite or anywhere else and still keep you child away from biting insects.
What to consider when choosing a baby mosquito net?
There are a few things to think about when you are choosing a mosquito net for baby, because each type of mosquito netting serves a bit different purpose and will fit on a different baby accessory.
- The first thing to know is for which baby sleeping, playing or sitting device you want the mosquito net. As you can see above, there are five different types of mosquito nets and each of them will cater to a specific baby seat, bed or pen.
- The next thing is to consider the net securing or tying mechanism that each mosquito netting has. These closures range from simple elastic band around the edge of the net, to an elasticized edge with a tie mechanism and even Velcro fastenings, so you have to decide which type of closure will be best suited for your situation.
- Then there is the size of the mosquito net for baby, which is determined by how big or small your baby’s crib, seat or stroller is.
- Also you need to think about the situations in which your baby will need a mosquito net, for example if you are big outdoors fan and tend to spend a lot of time at the beach or camping with your little one, then maybe it is worth to not only buy a net for you babies strolled but also buy the baby tent with a mosquito net.
- And finally if you are worried about the price of a baby mosquito net, then don’t be. Depending on which type of mosquito nets for babies you choose, their price range from as little as 3 dollars to just under 40 dollars for a baby tent with a mosquito net. So really instead of choosing which baby device to equip with a mosquito net, you can just buy a net for all of them that way being 100% sure, that as long as your child is under this net and it is secured around the crib, stroller or seat, there is no way your child can get bitten by a mosquito.
Maintain your mosquito net
Make sure to regularly check your baby mosquito net for holes or gaps in between the net and the object the net is covering, because mosquitoes tend to find even the smallest of cracks to get through. If that happens and a mosquito manages to slip under the net, then the netting actually can cause the mosquito to bite your baby more, since it will think that it is trapped under the net. So don’t let that happen and keep your mosquito nets for babies in good shape!