Solar bug zapper has been becoming more and more popular among consumers when choosing a tool to minimize the presence of mosquitoes and other flying insects. Solar powered bug zapper is chosen by many because it doesn’t use any chemicals, aromatic oils and doesn’t emit any fumes, smells or other smoke. It is because they use very simple mechanism, mosquitoes and insects are attracted to light, and when the insect has been trapped, it gets killed by electricity, which isn’t harmful to humans and animals. These solar powered bug zappers are more ecologically friendly because they use solar power to operate, but if it’s not enough, you can supplement it by charging the batteries. So, let’s take a look at some of the most popular solar powered bug zappers.
|NK63 Solar Bug zapper||8 hours||Yes, buzzing||Buy on Amazon|
|BATTOP Solar Mosquito killer||8 hours||Yes, quiet buzzing||Buy on Amazon|
|YIER Solar-Powered Insect killer||8 hours||Yes, buzzing||Buy on Amazon|
|Pure Garden Solar Bug zapper||8 hours||Yes, buzzing||Buy on Amazon|
|Eonfine Solar Bug zapper||10 hours||Yes, buzzing||Buy on Amazon|
NK63 Solar Powered Bug Zapper
- Manufacturer: Sandalwood
- Product dimensions: 7.5 x 7.25 x 7.25 inches
- Power: integral solar panel and UL charger which charges the battery
- Insect attracting method: Eight UV LED bulbs
- Target insects: mosquitoes, flies and other insects that are attracted to light
- Coverage: 3000 square feet
- Where can be used: outdoors and indoors
- Working time: insect killer work for 20 hours, illuminator for 35 hours, charging time is about eight hours
- Noise: yes, buzzing sound
- Other features: powered also by solar lighting, comes with charging adapter, stake, mini brush and user manual
NK63 Solar-Powered mosquito zapper is invented, manufactured and distributed by a startup company called Sandalwood, which is based in the New York City in the United States of America. Their aim is to create innovative, technological products for those who love to spend their time outdoors. Their products will help you to forget about all the negative aspects of nature and outdoors, such as itchy insect bites, and allow you to enjoy the fresh air and nature. And, not to mention, they themselves are huge nature lovers, therefore at Sandalwood, they try to make their products as eco-friendly as possible. They are always thriving to bring the best for their customers while contributing to our planet and eco-system. Although they are relatively small and unknown, their products have already conquered the market and are recognized as effective and qualitative.
Solar bug zapper attracts mosquitoes with the eight LED light and are powered by either a battery or solar energy. Zapper switches on when the dusk approaches and off at dawn automatically, using sensors. It works for about twenty hours as an insect killer and thirty-five hours as a lamp before needing to be recharged, either by battery or by solar power. It is also possible to switch off the light sensor if needed.
Although solar bug zapper seems complicated to install, Sandalwood insect zapper setup takes a little effort. After you have received your zapper it is advised to fully charge the battery before the first use. Then when it’s fully charged you can set the insect zapper where necessary, whether it is outdoors, in your garden, patio or lounge area, or even indoors. It can either be hooked onto something, for example on the trees, or placed on the ground with a stake, which is attachable. After you have set it up, the only effort you will need to put into it is to recharge the battery from time to time. And when necessary, the solar powered bug zapper need to be cleaned, as dead insects and mosquitoes will accumulate inside, hence why the mini brush is included.
Altogether, Sandalwood solar bug zapper is a very well made product, which will guarantee, that in the dark hours of the day, mosquitoes won’t be bothering you and you will have very little mosquitoes in your backyard, garden, patio or even indoors in your living room or kitchen.
- Very effective
- High quality
- Powered not only by electricity but also by solar lighting
- Rechargeable battery
- Can be used both – indoors and outdoors
- Needs to be cleaned at least once a week
- Won’t kill or attract bugs during daytime
BATTOP Solar LED Outdoor Mosquito Killer Lamp
- Manufacturer: BATTOP
- Product dimensions: 11.9 x 3.5 x 4.5 inches
- Power: batteries and solar power
- Insect attracting method: LED light from four bulbs
- Target insects: mosquitoes and other flying insects
- Coverage: 220 square feet
- Where can be used: outdoors only, it needs to be in direct sunlight in order to recharge completely
- Working time: 8 hours
- Noise: yes, quiet buzzing
- Other features: new, innovative and modern design
BATTOP, which is manufacturing solar LED outdoor mosquito killer lamp, is an international producer, manufacturing many different gadgets and appliances, for example, laptop keyboards or different toys for kids. All their products are innovative and modern, creating designs appropriate for various ages.
BATTOP Solar bug zapper is equipped with four LED emit lights which are 1.9 X 3.9 inch in size. They attract mosquitoes, flies, bugs and other flying insects very efficiently. When the solar powered bug zapper has lured the insects in, it kills them very fast with human safe voltage. The design of this BATTOP makes it completely safe around children and animals. It is meant to be used on the ground or on the walls, and has an auto switch on and off when the gloom sets in the zapper will turn on and when the dawn comes will automatically switch off. But it can also be switched on and off with a button if needed. Also, this mosquito bug zapper can only be used outdoors, because in order to fully operate and be efficient it needs direct sunlight to completely recharge. But, for those rainy and clouded days, the producer has added a rechargeable battery, so that the BATTOP zapper would operate at all times, even when the weather is not sunny and clear.
Because of the rechargeable solar panel. BATTOP bug zapper is more ecologically friendly. And therefore it is quieter. Also, because of this solar panel, if the weather is fine and the sun is often out, the solar bug zapper will need little maintenance. From time to time bug zapper needs cleaning out from dead insects. Although it is very efficient and great at attracting insects, its working time is only eight hours, less than some other zappers have.
- Innovative and modern design
- Safe for children and animals
- Very effective
- Needs little maintenance
- Recharges by solar lighting
- Can be used only outdoors, because it needs a direct sunlight in order to recharge completely
- Can be used only during dark times of the day
- The LED light is blue and attracts less mosquitoes than brighter tones of lighting do, therefore catches less insects
YIER Solar-Powered Outdoor Insect Killer
- Manufacturer: YIER
- Product dimensions: 5.9 x 22.4 x 5.9 inches
- Power: powers on solar energy or two AA batteries
- Insect attracting method: LED light
- Target insects: mosquitoes and flying insects
- Coverage: 16 square meters
- Where can be used: outdoors only
- Working time: eight hours, charges for six hours
- Noise: yes
- Other features: two different modes – decorative light or mosquito zapper
Solar bug zapper is a product of a company called YIER, which is an international company producing different appliances. The variety of products is very large, for example, umbrellas, wine openers, and car trash bags. Their products have a very modern design, making old, already widely used products becoming new and innovative. To a lot of their products, they add light, and bulbs to make it more modern and appealing, for example, adding light to the end of an umbrella. Therefore, also their solar powered mosquito zapper has old school garden lamp look with a modern touch.
YIER solar powered bug zapper operates the same as other similar zappers. You set it up in your preferred spot, YIER zapper can be either hug up or set up on the ground. After it has been set up, it will start to attract mosquitoes after it gets dark outside, and switch off when the dawn sets in. Lights turn on automatically and turn off automatically, therefore, you will not need to do it manually every evening and morning. As this product is called the solar powered zapper, it will charge up automatically by the sun, however, if there is not enough sunlight and light during the day, you can charge it also manually with electricity. As bug zappers don’t use any chemicals or natural oils, its hundred percent safe for humans and animals, zapper doesn’t have any smell. And it’s very friendly to the environment as the main source of power is solar energy.
YIER bug zapper has two modes, white light for the prairie landscape and purple lighting as an insecticidal lamp. Therefore you can change them for your preference. The zapper will last for eight hours during the dark hours of the day and will need approximately six hours to recharge again. The only effort that needs to be put into the operation of YIER mosquito zapper is cleaning, it needs to be cleaned regularly, depending on a number of insects it catches with a damp cloth. The surface is also advised to be cleaned, otherwise, it can reduce the efficiency of charging and emitted light.
- Completely safe for kids and animals
- Safe for environment – main source of power is solar energy
- No residue and odors
- Two modes – as a decorative lighting object or as a insect zapper
- Can be used only outdoors, as it needs sunlight to charge
- Fragile cover and decorative part of the lamp
- The manual included doesn’t include a lot of necessary information
Pure Garden Solar Bug Zapper
- Manufacturer: Trademark GLB
- Product dimensions: 5.2 x 5.2 x 16.2 inches
- Power: solar energy and two AA batteries
- Insect attracting method: light
- Target insects: mosquitoes, flies, gnats
- Where can be used: outdoors
- Noise: Yes
- Other features: two light modes available
The manufacturer of an electric bug swatter is a company called Trademark GLB, which, similar to the YIER Company, is an international brand, distributing a large variety of different products. The Trademark GLB makes many kinds of personal products, for example, cooking tools and anti-slip matts. They have conquered different markets manufacturing and distributing fun, necessary and affordable products. The company has proven itself to be trustworthy and to be producing worthwhile house appliances for all, which are easy operated.
Trademark GLB zapper works similarly to already mentioned solar powered bug zappers. It attracts mosquitoes by luring them in using light and will zap the insects once they are close enough. This solar zapper is safe for humans and animals, which is fortunate, because it looks just like any regular solar garden lamp. Not only that, the zapper comes with two different lighting modes, which you can control using one simple switch. The bug attracting UV mode will make sure that all bugs come to this zapper not fly inside your home. While the super bright LED mode will serve also as a great garden lighting in addition to zapping mosquitoes, flies and other annoying pests.
Altogether, this Pure Garden solar bug zapper is effective way how to get rid of mosquitoes fast and in large amounts. When the night sets in, you will find a lot of mosquitoes near lighting objects, so when using this solar zapper light the mosquitoes with concentrate on this light source and will be killed once they get near it. This zapper operates on solar energy, so you won’t have to spend money on electricity for powering this bug killing tool, but it also can be operated on batteries, if the solar panel isn’t able to fully charge the zapper during the day. The only downfall to this product would be that you will have to clean this zapper from time to time in order for it to work as efficiently as possible.
- Looks like regular garden lamp so won’t draw attention to itself
- Solar power operated
- Safe for humans and animals
- No fumes and smells
- Efficient way to fight mosquitoes and insects
- Easy to use
- One unit won’t be big enough for larger gardens
- Won’t be as efficient in areas with large mosquito population
- The batteries that come with the unit tend to not work as well
Eonfine Solar Bug Zapper
- Manufacturer: Eonfine
- Product dimensions: 11.8 x 4.4 x 3.6 inches
- Power: lithium batteries or solar energy from light
- Insect attracting method: LED light
- Target insects: mosquitoes, flies, gnats and all flying insects
- Coverage: 220 square feet
- Where can be used: outdoors only
- Working time: ten hours after being fully charged
- Noise: yes
- Other features: includes ground stake in order to set it up on the ground, expansion bolts, USB cable and user manual
The last mosquito and insect zapper in the review is designed, manufactured and produced by a company called Eonfine. They are relatively new and small firm but have already gained popularity due to their unusual designs. Eonfine produces waterproof phone cases, LED light strings, appliances with Bluetooth such as headphones and other home appliances, for example, oil diffuser. Their products have very interesting and modern design making it very appealing for youth and younger audience.
The design of Eonfine mosquito and insect zapper is very similar to already mentioned BATTOP solar powered bug zapper, they both have very innovative and modern design and are improved in efficiency. This insect zapper attracts mosquitoes, flies and insects with four LED lights, catches them and kills the mosquitoes with an electric shock. It can be used only outdoors, as solar energy is necessary for zapper to operate, however, if you wish to set it up indoors it’s also possible, but then you would need to charge it up yourself. Although it can be used during the day time, it works efficiently and will actually attract and kill insects during the dark hours of the day, because they will be searching for light sources only during nighttime. But if you leave it switched on during the day, it will catch few insects.
It is completely safe for yourself, your kids and pets, as the electric shock is harmful only to insects. Moreover, this device doesn’t require any chemicals or oils, therefore no toxic fumes and smells will be emitted into the air. Altogether, Eonfine solar bug zapper is the modern and efficient way on how to minimize the number of mosquitoes and different flies in your backyard and house.
- Modern design
- Operates from solar energy, more eco friendlier
- Can be used indoors and outdoors
- Easily installed
- No chemicals or oils needed
- Human and animal friendly
- No fumes or smells
- Works efficiently only during night time
- Design is extremely similar to BATTOP solar powered bug zapper
- Light is very dim, if you have brighter light sources near, mosquitoes and insects won’t be attracted to this one
All in all, solar powered bug zapper is a great option if you want to control mosquitoes and other insects in your home and backyard, but don’t want to use any chemicals or natural repellent oils. Because these chemicals and oils emit fumes and aromas in the air which are not pleasant and might even be dangerous to human health. But bug zappers use only electric power, which is obtained from solar energy, making these devices eco-friendly and green.