Founded in 1927, Terminix is one of the largest pest control companies in North America and the world! The company has locations in 22 countries, including 47 states, and is especially well known for its success in treating and preventing termite infestations.
In 1932, the world’s first termiticide was created by senior chemist Frank Lyons at the Bruce Terminix Research Laboratory. This product was instrumental in Terminix’s success and has been used to rid buildings throughout the world of these destructive, wood-destroying bugs. Terminix’s reputation may have been built on their termite control but the company has since branched out and now offers protection against ants, roaches, mosquitoes, spiders, rodents, bed bugs, and wildlife.
Things to know:
- Terminix offers both residential and commercial pest control services.
- Terminix offers free inspections to establish the nature of your pest problems and to identify potential risks.
- They draw up a customized treatment (and prevention) plan to tackle existing pest problems and prevent future ones.
- They offer annual inspections to ensure effective treatment of pests and protection from termite infestations.
- Their guaranteed termite protection scheme means you’ll never pay for treatment or termite damage repairs while under their plan. They also offer a money-back guarantee if you’re not 100% satisfied with their service.
- Besides termites, Terminix offers mosquito, bed bug, ant, cockroach, spider, rodent and wildlife control services.
Aptive Environmental is one of the fastest growing pest control companies in the United States, with over 2000 locations established in just 5 years. Despite being a relatively young company, Aptive Environmental’s mission to make life easier, homes safer, and jobs more productive has already reached 27 states.
This runaway success is largely attributed to their strong focus on environmental and family-friendly pest control solutions, which have won them glowing reviews and a loyal customer base. Their dedication to green solutions sets them apart from the competition, and their integrated approach to pest management techniques has proven to be both safe and effective.
Things to know:
- Aptive Environmental offers both commercial and residential pest control services.
- They will provide a thorough inspection of your property to identify your pest problems and risk areas.
- The pests they treat include: ants, spiders, rodents, aphids, crickets, earwigs, millipedes, pillbugs, silverfish, snails, centipedes, fleas, ticks, scorpions, mud daubers, wasps, yellow jackets and pantry pests.
- They will draw up a customized quarterly protection plant to keep your home protected from pests year-round.
- Aptive guarantees a successful treatment, and will return for free if your pests come back.
- Aptive is partnered with the UN’s Nothing but Nets campaign; a global effort to halt the spread of mosquito-borne malaria.
Not sure which company to choose as your pest control service provider? That’s where HomeAdvisor comes in. They have a network with thoroughly screened, reliable exterminators that HomeAdvisor is ready to connect you to for free. A qualified Texas pest control professional is just one call away.
Things to know:
- HomeAdvisor will match you with an experienced exterminator in your area that offers the pest services that you need.
- They offer instant online booking without any fees or additional costs.
- HomeAdvisor also screens all of their contractors to ensure your safety.
- With HomeAdvisor you can look through all the pest control companies that offer the service that you need in your local area so you can choose the company that’s best suited for your needs and price-point.
Orkin is one of the world’s leading pest control providers, with over 400 global locations. They operate throughout the United States and also have locations in Europe, Africa, Mexico, Canada, Central America, the Caribbean, the Mediterranean, and the Middle East.
Orkin was first founded in 1901, meaning they have over 100 years of experience in providing safe and effective pest control solutions. They specialize in protection against common household pests and also provide integrated control plans that safeguard homes against future infestations. From the attic to the basement, Orkin’s expertise can protect your entire home or business from invasions of every imaginable pest.
Things to know:
- Orkin provides both commercial and residential pest control services.
- Orkin provides protection against ants, bed bugs, cockroaches, flies, mosquitoes, stinging pests, termites, ticks, spiders and fleas, as well as garden and pantry pests.
- Orkin offers a thorough inspection of every part of your home to identify existing and potential future pest problems.
- They will install pest monitors in risk areas to keep on top of pest problems.
- Orkin offers follow up services and will respond immediately to any recurrent or new problems.
ABC Home & Commercial Services
ABC Home & Commercial Services is based in Lewisville, Texas, and their services can be accessed throughout the state. Besides pest control, this Jack-of-all-trades company also offers lawn care, pool, plumbing, AC & heating, and handyman services.
This local service may not operate on the same scale as some of America’s pest control titans, but the services they provide are thorough, effective, and dependable. The exceptional services have won them glowing reviews from customers, and ABC Home & Commercial Services can be counted on to tackle termites, bed bugs, mosquitoes, and rodents.
ABC will not only exterminate any existing pest problems you may have, and also offer preventative services to protect your home from future invasions.
Things to know:
- ABC Home & Commercial Services offer both residential and commercial pest control services.
- Besides pest control, they also offer a wide range of other home care and repair services.
- Their services can be scheduled via phone call or online.
- ABC Home & Commercial services can treat: termites, bed bugs, mosquitoes, cockroaches, ants, scorpions, rodents and wildlife.
- Their expertly-trained technicians can skillfully assess your needs and provide a customized treatment plan to safely and effectively deal with your pest issues.
Bulwark Exterminating is a family-owned company that prides itself on exceptional customer service. Their mission is to rid homes of pests in a way that communicates respect and kindness to their customers, using solutions that won’t compromise the safety of people, pets, or wildlife in the neighborhood.
They pride themselves on their safe and effective pest control solutions, using products that are ‘less toxic than toothpaste’ to eradicate pest invasions. All their services are backed by professional research performed by colleges and universities to ensure their products are the best on the market.
All this care and attention to detail has evidently paid off, and 97% of customers in a recent survey said they would recommend Bulwark Exterminating to friends and family.
Things to know:
- Bulwark Exterminating offers both residential and commercial pest control services.
- Bulwark’s services are designed to not only kill existing pests but to put a protective barrier around your home to prevent future invasions.
- If the initial treatment isn’t 100% successful, Bulwark Exterminating will return to provide additional services for free.
- Their satisfaction guarantee means they only ever charge for a successful service.
- The pests treated by Bulwark Exterminating include: Ants, beetles, centipedes, clover mites, crickets, earwigs, fleas, flying pests, grasshoppers, millipedes, pillbugs, roaches, rodents, scorpions, silverfish, sowbugs, spiders, springtails and weevils.
HomeTeam Pest Defense
HomeTeam Pest Defense has their headquarters in Dallas, Texas, where they were first established in 1996. They have quickly grown to become the 3rd largest pest control company in the whole of the US and currently provide over 2,000,000 services per year from over 50 branch locations.
Their unique, integrated pest control system, Taexx, provides unbeatable home protection against pests. This networked, ‘Tubes in the Wall’ system runs throughout designated walls in your home for ongoing pest prevention. Because the products are encased within the walls of your home, they are not subject to the kind of degradation caused by direct exposure to sunlight. This means they remain effective for longer, delivering year-round protection against infestations.
Things to know:
- HomeTeam Pest Defense offers both residential and commercial pest control services.
- Their highly-qualified technicians will perform a thorough indoor and outdoor inspection of your home to identify problem areas.
- HomeTeam Pest Defense will return immediately to address any pest problems that crop up between scheduled visits.
- HomeTeam Pest Defense offer conventional pest control services alongside their Taexx built-in pest control system.
- They offer treatment against termites, fire ants, fleas, mosquitoes, rats, and mice.
Berrett Pest Control
Berrett Pest Control Dallas is a family-owned and operated company based in Garland, Texas. Since opening in 1999, they have grown to become one of the most successful local companies in the Dallas and Fort Worth area, and have expanded into other parts of Texas and Colorado.
Their highly-trained technicians work with top-of-the-line products to ensure a safe and effective pest control service. Their focus on excellent customer service, paired with a 100% satisfaction guarantee, has won them a loyal base of satisfied customers. Berrett Pest Control Dallas are especially popular for their personalized services and their strong commitment to dependable and effective service.
Things to know:
- Berrett Pest Control Dallas offers both residential and commercial pest control services.
- Berrett Pest Control Dallas provide a free estimate for their services.
- Their initial service includes a complete indoor and outdoor inspection of your home to identify problem areas including plumbing, attic, garage and yard.
- They offer ongoing treatments through regular, scheduled visits to your home.
- Berrett Pest Control Dallas can deal with the following pests: Bed bugs, mosquitoes, spiders, cockroaches, termites, ants, bees, wasps, rodents and wildlife.
Mosquito Joe specializes in outdoor pest removal for both residential and commercial customers. Their highly-qualified technicians are experts in tackling mosquitoes, fleas, and ticks, so you and your pest can enjoy your garden without fear of bites. Not only can they be counted on to rid your backyard of pests, but they’re also equipped to service special events such as weddings, barbecues and garden parties.
Mosquito Joe offers natural treatments, which effectively banish mosquitoes from your property without leaving potential harmful residues behind. Their barrier spray treatments knock down mosquitoes instantly and their effects last for weeks, so you can enjoy summer-long protection from biting bugs.
Things to know:
- Mosquito Joe offers both residential and commercial pest control services.
- Mosquito Joe offers customized services that are tailored to suit each individual yard they treat.
- They offer natural treatments as a safer (and greener) alternative to more traditional chemical sprays.
- Mosquito Joe can cater to residential gardens as well as special events, such as weddings, parties, and barbecues.
- Their misting systems can be set up to provide continuous outdoor pest repellent that lasts all summer.
- Their barrier sprays have residual effects that can repel mosquitoes for up to 3 weeks.
- Mosquito Joe is highly rated for Texas mosquito control, and can also deal with ticks and fleas.
Massey Services operate from over 150 locations throughout the United States and have over 35 years of pest control excellence behind them. Their mission is to provide total customer satisfaction, and their extensive team of professionally-trained pest control technicians have expertise in tackling a wide range of pests.
Their services are highly-rated, and their effective pest control solutions have earned them a strong reputation that has facilitated the company’s steady growth throughout the years. Massey Services offer both household and backyard services, including pest prevention, mosquito control, termite protection, lawn services, and irrigation maintenance. They are dedicated to developing new and innovative techniques with a focus on environmental protection, allowing them to deliver safer, greener, and more effective pest control solutions.
Things to know:
- Massey Services offer both residential and commercial pest control services.
- Massey Services offer a free pest inspection to accurately assess your pest control and landscape needs.
- They have expertise in controlling the following pests: termites, mosquitoes, ants, cockroaches, spiders, fleas, ticks, silverfish, earwigs, millipedes, and rodents.
- They will eliminate any existing pest problems and implement a targeted pest prevention strategy to stop future infestations.
- Massey Services also offer lawn and landscape services.
- Massey Services has won recognition from the EPA for their environmentally-friendly pest control services.
Romney Pest Control
In the 18 years that Romney Pest Control has been operating, they have become one of Texas’ top choices for pest solutions. Founded in 2002 by Greg Romney, Romney Pest Control is proud of their team of professionally-qualified pest control technicians. All of the services offered by Romney Pest Control are based on months of painstaking research and consultations with pest management experts. As a result, all of the services offered by Romney are highly effective and tailored to suit your specific needs.
Their exceptional services have won them Angie’s List Super Service Award of 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017, as well as an A+ BBB Accredited Business Award.
Things to know:
- Romney Pest Control offers both residential and commercial pest control services.
- They offer same-day service, so you can get the help you need whenever you need it.
- Romney Pest Control provides a free quote for their services.
- Their service includes a thorough indoor and outdoor inspection, removal of any existing pests and a detailed service report for your records.
- Romney Pest Control operates in the following areas in Texas: Austin, Dallas, Fort Worth, Houston, San Antonio.
- Romney Pest Control can exterminate the following pests: Ants, beetles, centipedes, cockroaches, fleas, millipedes, mosquitoes, rodents, scorpions, silverfish, spiders, stinging insects, termites, and ticks.
Figuring out which is the best and most affordable pest control service in Texas might not be easy but we hope that this list of the top Texas pest control companies will help you with that.
And now, a little about how to go about choosing which pest control service provider is right for you!
How to choose the best pest control service provider for your needs
Check out their credentials
Before hiring any pest control technician, make sure they are properly qualified and licensed to perform the work. This information can usually be found on their website, but you can also ask their representatives about this when you call the company.
Read up on their reputation
Once you’ve found a licensed pest control company, the next step is to check out their reputation! Their website may look great, but the true test of their services lies in what their past customers have to say about them. If the first thing you see online is a bunch of 1-star ratings, keep shopping around until you find someone worth hiring!
Make sure their experience suits your needs
It’s a good idea to figure out what type of pest you’re dealing with before you contact any pest control companies. Different companies will have expertise in tackling different pests, and the best way to get rid of an infestation quickly is to hire someone with relevant experience.
For example, if you have bed bugs, a company that specializes in outdoor pests won’t help much. Nor will Texas rodent control company be able to rid your backyard of mosquitoes.
Know your enemy, and plan accordingly!
Choose a company near you
Many pest control companies offer same-day callouts, which is great if you find yourself facing a pest emergency. Unfortunately, it won’t do much good if your company of choice is miles away, and most pest control companies only take on local clients, anyway.
Therefore, your location should be one of the first things to consider when looking for a good Texas exterminator.
Find a company that offers green solutions
Many traditional pest control solutions use harsh chemicals to eliminate pests. Although this approach is undoubtedly effective, we’ve come to learn that it’s not exactly the safest option. Many pesticides, rodenticides, and insecticides are potentially hazardous not just to human health but also that of our pets and non-target wildlife species (like birds, fish, and pollinators).
This has led to a rise in ‘green’ solutions. These are pest control services that focus on more environmentally-friendly options, and that emphasizes an integrated approach to pest control that optimizes and minimizes any use of chemicals.
Have your questions ready for the initial visit
The first step of any pest control service is the initial visit. A technician will come to your house and perform a thorough inspection of the interior and exterior, identifying any existing problems as well as potential problem areas.
This is your chance to nail down the specifics of the service they’re offering – and to decide if you want to go ahead with it! It’s a good idea to plan ahead and make a note of any questions you may want to ask.
These should include things like:
- The type of pest(s) you need treatment for
- The price of the treatment
- The duration of the treatment
- Any preparations you may need to make for the treatment
- Scheduling of follow up visits
What you need to know when choosing and hiring a pest control service in Texas
Finding a pest control service in Texas is easy if you know what you’re looking for.
Once you’ve decided on a company, the only thing left to do is make sure they have the necessary licensing. According to Texas pest control regulations, companies must hold the correct Texas Structural Pest Control License to provide services in the following categories:
- Pest control
- Termite and wood-destroying insect control
- Lawn and ornamental control
- Weed control
- Structural fumigation
- Commodity fumigation
- Wood preservation