Aptive environmental is all about maximizing home enjoyment, and their pest control experts are on a mission to improve homes and yards across the United States. Their eco-friendly services, which use responsibly-sourced products, are both safe and effective. Aptive’s all-season treatments are tailored to suit the unique requirements of your home, for year-round protection against all common household and garden pests.
Aptive Environmental is also associated with the Nothing But Nets campaign, an organization dedicated to helping fight the spread of malaria around the world. So far, they have contributed over half a million dollars to the cause, helping to provide life-saving bed nets to over 60,000 families.
Things to know:
- Aptive Environmental offers both residential and commercial pest control services.
- Their expert technicians will inspect your property and suggest a pest control plan that’s tailored to your needs.
- Aptive Environmental offers follow-up services free of charge. When the pests return, so do they!
- Aptive Environmental offer pest control services against ants, cockroaches, spiders, rats, mice stinging and biting insects (centipedes, fleas, mud daubers, scorpions, ticks, wasps and yellow jackets), pantry pests (gran beetles, weevils, Indian meal moths), aphids, crickets, earwigs, silverfish, millipedes, pillbugs and snails.
Terminix was founded back in 1927 and, today is one of the largest pest control companies in the world. With locations in 22 countries, including 47 states, Terminix is best known for its success in termite eradication and prevention treatments.
Terminix is also credited with the invention of the world’s first termiticide, which was developed in 1932 by their senior scientist, Frank Lyons. This product has led Terminix to global success and has helped to remove the bugs from buildings all over the world.
Their main area is still termite control, but Terminix also offers protection against ants, roaches, mosquitoes, spiders, rodents, bed bugs, and wildlife.
Things to know:
- Terminix offers both residential and commercial pest control services.
- The Terminix service begins with a free inspection to accurately diagnose your pest problems.
- Terminix’s technicians will draw up a customized treatment plan to tackle your existing pest problems and prevent future ones.
- They offer annual inspections to ensure continued protection from pests.
- Their guaranteed termite protection scheme means you’ll never pay for treatment or termite damage repairs while under their plan.
- Terminix offers a money-back guarantee if you’re not 100% satisfied with their service.
- Besides termites, Terminix can exterminate mosquitoes, bed bugs, ants, cockroaches, mosquitoes, spiders, rodents, and nuisance wildlife.
Fox Pest Control
The professionals at Fox Pest Control are highly trained to tackle any and all household pests. This locally owned company operates with an emphasis on environmentally sustainable solutions and organic products for safe and effective pest control. Fox Pest Control are so confident in their home protection plan that they guarantee 100% satisfaction from their clients and will take care of recurring problems for no additional charge. Their service starts with a free inspection, and their highly trained technicians are on call to tackle any issues within just 24 hours.
Things to know:
- Fox Pest Control offers both residential and commercial pest control services.
- Their technicians have extensive classroom and on-the-job training and are available to attend to any and all pest control problems within 24 hours.
- Fox Pest Control start every service with a free inspection and estimate.
- They can eradicate all common household pests, including ants, bed bugs, bees, wasps, cockroaches, mice, rats, beetles, centipedes, crickets, earwigs, fleas, millipedes, silverfish, spiders, stink bugs and ticks.
Suburban Exterminating is a full-service pest control company based in Long Island, New York. Their thorough services can both prevent and eliminate pest problems, and their focus on green solutions make their treatments safe for both your health and the environment. Their humane and earth-friendly approach is just one of the reasons to choose Suburban Exterminating. They also offer affordable, year-long protection, and their expert technicians are trained to identify and address all common household pest problems. Their exceptional services have won them a wide array of awards and certifications, including the Angie’s List Award, the Green Shield Certification, and Better Business Bureau membership.
Things to know:
- Suburban Exterminating offers both commercial and residential pest control services.
- They offer exceptional services with an emphasis on green and earth-friendly solutions.
- Suburban Exterminating provide a free inspection.
- Their services include year-round protection against household pests and nuisance wildlife species.
- Suburban Exterminating have expertise in eradicating all common pests, including ants, ticks, cockroaches, powder post beetles, termites, mosquitoes, hornets, rats, bed bugs, mites, bees, moths, crickets, centipedes, wasps, mice, flies, earwigs, fleas, harvestmen, gnats, millipedes, birds, rats, pillbugs, raccoons, spiders, silverfish, springtails, squirrels and stink bugs.
Gannon Pest Control
Gannon Pest Control is a locally owned and operated company that has been providing its services to Central New York for 18 years. Though they can tackle any and all common household pests, their expertise is in bee removal and prevention. Their expertly trained technicians and office staff are well equipped to guide you through every step of their service and can answer any questions you may have about their products and methods. Will their help, you will be fully educated about your pests, treatment options, and any precautions you should take, to guarantee your safety and effective treatment. Gannon Pest Control has a firm focus on green pest control solutions and they are fully licensed, insured, and registered with the NYS Department of Environmental Conservation.
Things to know:
- Gannon Pest Control offer both commercial and residential pest control services.
- For the control of nuisance wildlife species, Gannon Pest Control will refer you to Walkers Wildlife Solutions.
- Gannon Pest Control offer bee prevention services to prevent stingers from nesting on your property.
- They also offer home protection against carpenter ants.
- Their spring barrier treatments can protect your home from pests without any requirement for potentially harmful pesticides.
- Gannon Pest Control has an A+ Better Business Bureau rating.
- Gannon Pest Control treats ants, bed bugs, bees, beetles, carpenter bees, centipedes, cockroaches, flies, fleas, millipedes, mice, moths, rodents, silverfish, pantry pests, spiders and yellow jackets.
NYC Pest Control
This family-owned and operated company can deal with all common household pests, but they specialize in bed bug and termite prevention and eradication. NYC Pest Control prides themselves on their friendly service and strives for 100% customer satisfaction. They are dedicated to offering the best service they can, and are continuously developing and improving their approach. Not only do they tackle household pests, but they also have trappers on staff who can catch nuisance wildlife species like raccoons and possums. New customers can claim a $10 coupon through the company website.
Things to know:
- NYC Pest Control offers both commercial and residential pest control services.
- They are dedicated to achieving 100% customer satisfaction.
- NYC Pest Control’s specialty services include bed bug and termite removal.
- They offer a $10 discount to new customers.
- Their seasonal treatments are great for year-round protection from pests.
- NTC Pest Control are specialists in bed bug and termite treatments, but they can also remove ants, cockroaches, rats, mice, pantry pests, and wildlife species like raccoons and possums.
Meerkat Pest Control
Meerkat Pest Control is a family-owned company with over 100 years of experience in eradicating all common household pests. Their services extend way beyond your interiors, as Meerkat Pest Control can also help you to handle nuisance wildlife species like squirrels, skunks, raccoons, and bats. Their signature four-season pest control program ensures year-round protection, so you’re less likely to experience recurring issues. Meerkat Pest Control can also rodent-proof your basements, attics, and crawl spaces, for long-term security against rats, mice, and squirrels. Their integrated approach to pest control is highly effective, and their outstanding service has earned them an excellent reputation among their clients throughout Upstate New York.
Things to know:
- Meerkat pest control offers both residential and commercial pest control services.
- Their services cover both indoor pests and nuisance wildlife species.
- Their service starts with a free evaluation and inspection of your property, in which a qualified technician will assess your needs and tailor a plan to suit them.
- Meerkat pest control offers eco-friendly solutions, with a full range of both traditional and organic pest control options to choose from.
- They also offer pest-proofing services and can install natural barriers in your attic, basement, and crawlspace.
- Meerkat pest control can assist with the removal of ants, bees, wasps, mice, spiders, stink bugs, bed bugs, cockroaches all common crawling and flying insects, stink bugs, bed bugs, birds, bats, squirrels, mice, rats, skunks, raccoons, and woodchucks.
Knockout Pest Control
Knockout Pest Control pride themselves in delivering a knockout punch to your pest control problem. Their highly trained technicians are experts at identifying and eradicating all types of insect and rodent pests, and the company has over 40 years of experience in delivering their exceptional services all over the state of New York. Knockout understands that every pest control problem is unique, so their services are tailored on an individual basis. Every member of the Knockout team undergoes 100 hours of classroom instruction and in-the-field training, so they can always guarantee a knockout service.
Things to know:
- Knockout Pest control offers both residential and commercial pest control services.
- Besides traditional pest control services, Knockout also offers green solutions to your pest control problems.
- Knockout Pest Control offer a range of traditional and green pest control solutions.
- They provide a free estimate for their treatments and start every service with a thorough inspection of your problem areas.
- Knockout pest control can handle ants, Asian beetles, and ladybugs, bats, bed bugs, bees, birds, booklice, carpenter ants, carpenter bees, centipedes, cockroaches, crickets, earwigs, firebrats, fleas, flies, fruit flies, fungus gnats, hornets, mice, millipedes, mites, opossums, pillbugs, powder post beetles, raccoons, rats, spiders, silverfish, squirrels, snakes, stink bugs, termites, ticks, wasps and yellow jackets.
If your pest problem is an outdoor issue, TruGreen may be the best company for your needs. First founded in 1973 by John Cowles, TruGreen is highly knowledgeable about all your potential yard problems. Their expertly trained technicians will perform a full analysis of your yard to diagnose exactly what your problem is, and what treatments you need. Not only can they tackle common biting pests like fleas, ticks, and mosquitoes, but they also offer tree, shrub, and lawn care services. They also offer soil amendment services, as well as preventative treatments against garden pests.
Things to know:
- TruGreen offers both commercial and residential lawn pest control services.
- They offer a full analysis of your yard to determine what treatments your garden will benefit from.
- They provide shrub, tree lawn care, and soil amendment services.
- TruGreen can eradicate and prevent ticks, fleas, and mosquitoes.
- Trugreen offers a specialist Healthy Lawn Analysis to assess you specific lawn care needs.
- They will provide continual services every 4-6 weeks and can also make additional visits to your property as needed.
Ehrlich was first founded in 1928 by Julius C Ehrlich in Reading, Pennsylvania. Since then, Ehrlich has expanded from a seller of DIY pest control products like insecticides and foggers) to a full-service company.
With almost 100 years of experience behind them, Ehrlich now operates throughout the United States and has offices in over 100 different locations. With the help of their qualified entomologists, they can offer unbeatable expertise in the prevention and eradication of insect pests.
Their highly-trained technicians have experience in dealing with all common types of household pests, from cockroaches to termites. They also offer bird control, vegetation management, and bioremediation services.
Things to know:
- Ehrlich offers both residential and commercial pest control services.
- They can provide a free quote for their services.
- Besides their regular pest control services, Ehrlich also offers moisture control, bioremediation, vegetation management, heat treatment, and fumigation services.
- Ehrlich has particular expertise in termite inspection, prevention, and treatment.
- They offer customized pest control treatments that are specially tailored to suit your unique needs.
- Ehrlich can handle the eradication and prevention of ants, bed bugs, bees, birds, cockroaches, crickets, fabric pests, fleas, flies, mice, mosquitoes, food pests, wildlife species, rats, snakes, spiders, stink bugs, termites, ticks and wasps.
If you’re looking for pest control in New York, it’s important to choose the right company for your needs. So, here are some tips and tricks on how to pick the pest control company that’s right for you!
How to choose the best pest control service provider for your needs
Identify your problem
It’s a good idea to identify your pest problem before looking for a pest control service that can help. This is instrumental for ensuring successful treatment, as you will get the best results if you contact someone with expertise in tackling your specific issue. If you have a problem with mosquitoes, a rodent control company isn’t going to be much help!
While most pest control companies can deal with everyday pests, like rats and roaches, services like wildlife removal often require specialized experience and equipment. If you are unsure what type of pest you are dealing with, contact a company with a broader range of services. Their technicians will be able to diagnose the problem and provide you with the appropriate treatment.
Ask plenty of questions
When calling a pest control company or meeting with a technician, make sure you have a list of questions at the ready. These should include things like:
- What type of pest(s) do you need treatment for?
- How much will the treatment cost?
- How long will the treatment take to complete?
- How can you prepare for the treatment, and what precautions (if any) will you need to take first?
- Do they offer aftercare/follow-up visits?
Do your research
Before hiring anyone, make sure you do your research about the company first.
Look for reviews from previous customers, and always make sure they have the proper licensing to perform the treatments they offer. A quick Google should be sufficient to tell you all you need to know!
Look for a pest control company near you. Many companies will only provide services within a certain area, and it’ll be far easier to access their services if the company is based near your home.
Opt for companies offering greener solutions
Many traditional pest control treatments involve the use of harsh chemicals, pesticides, and rodenticides, which can be potentially hazardous. To ensure your health and that of the environment, look for companies that offer green and earth-friendly services, as well as preventative treatments that can reduce the need for future pest control.
What you need to know when choosing and hiring a pest control company in the state of New York
Pest control companies cooperating in the state of New York must only use products registered with the Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC).
Their services must also comply with the pesticide laws and regulations of New York state. If you have questions or concerns about the pest control company you plan to use, you can contact the DEC Pesticide Compliance Section for more information.