There are many different options and ways on how to get rid of and decrease number of insects and mosquitoes in your garden, patio or barbecue area. No one likes to be constantly bitten and disrupted when trying to enjoy pleasant weather with family and friends. One of the options on how to decrease the number of insects in your outdoors area is using misting systems. By using mosquito misting systems you don’t need to put chemical lotions on your body or spray different toxic sprays. Also, you will not only deter mosquitoes but also regulate temperature outside and water your lawn and plants. Therefore let’s take a look at some of best outdoors mosquito misting systems and how they differ from each other.
|Okeler Mist Cooling System||flexible plastic||Outdoors and greenhouses||Buy on Amazon|
|MistyMate Cool Misting System||nylon braided hose, stainless steel||Outdoors only||Buy on Amazon|
|Pynamite Mosquito Misting System||stainless steel, nylon, nickel, brass||Outdoors only||Buy on Amazon|
|Universal Pest Solutions System||plastic, polymer||Outdoors only||Buy on Amazon|
Best mosquito control systems – Okeler Mist Cooling System
- Manufacturer: Shenzhen Okeler Science & Technology
- Weight: pounds: 1.1
- Product dimensions: 9.3 x 7 x 1.5 inches
- Hose length: 50 feet
- Flow rate: 1 – 1.5 GPH
- Pressure: 32 43.5 PSI
- Water column diameter: 4 – 6 feet
- Material: flexible plastic
- Meant for: agriculture irrigation, swimming pool misting, repelling mosquitoes, deterring snakes, reptiles and chameleons
- Coverage: acres/square feet
- Where can be used: Outdoors and in greenhouses
- Noise: Yes
- Other features: comes with 30 mist nozzles
Manufacturer of Okeler outdoor mosquito misting system is a company based in China. They manufacture outdoors accessories and goods, with the intention to get people outdoors and in nature. As we live in an era, in which people prefer to sit in front of TVs on their sofas, it is important to remind them that there is so much to see and do outdoors. This company not only manufactures mosquito repellent system, but different gadgets, and appliances as well which will make people want to move more, for example, fit bit bracelet which monitors your activities throughout the day. Overall, Shenzhen Okeler Science & Technology is not very well known and large-scale company, but it has earned its place in the market.
Okeler mist cooling system can be used in your garden as an agriculture irrigation system, or in your back yard to keep your grass and plants moisturized and healthy looking. Although it is not advised to be used indoors, an exception is made if you choose to use it in a greenhouse. The Okeler misting system can also be used as a cooling system for hot summer days, or misting system for swimming pools. And lastly, it can be purchased with an intention to repel mosquitoes, reptiles, snakes and chameleons. This spray system repels mosquitoes with water mist because mosquitoes and insects all together don’t like to fly in rain and through the mist. Although it won’t deter all insects and mosquitoes, it will surely reduce number of them greatly.
When you order Okeler Mist cooling system, you will receive it unassembled, therefore, before using it, you need to put it all together yourself. But don’t get frightened, because you will receive instructions and it takes only a few simple steps to assemble this outdoor misting system. When assembling the system, just remember to heat up the PE tube before assembling it, to make sure it is soft and can be inserted quickly, otherwise it will break easily and it will be very hard to insert it in the correct place. And when you have assembled your outdoor misting system, be sure to keep the pressure of water low, otherwise, you will blow out the nozzles.
- Repels mosquitoes with water mist, without using any chemicals
- Will not only keep mosquitoes away, but also reptiles and snakes
- Also works as a cooling system and as an agriculture irrigation system
- Need to assemble the misting system yourself
- Will not deter all mosquitoes as it is using water
- Needs to be attached to water supply in order to operate
- Does not include pressure regulator, therefore water flow has to be monetized
MistyMate Cool Patio Deluxe Outdoor Misting System
- Manufacturer: Misty Mate Advanced Technologies
- Weight: 4 pounds
- Product dimensions: 12 x 12 x 3 inches
- Hose length: come in three different lengths – 10 foot, 20 foot and 30 foot
- Hose diameter: ½ inch
- Insect deterring method: creating mist wall
- Material: nylon braided hose, stainless steel
- Meant for: agriculture irrigation, swimming pool misting, repelling mosquitoes, air cooling
- Where can be used: Outdoors only
- Noise: No
- Other features: UV beam resistant, comes with 16 nozzles and 30 mounting brackets
Misty Made Advanced Technologies is a company, which produces different misting systems. They work only in a field of personal and outdoor misting systems, therefore are very advanced in the manufacturing of these products. We can expect the highest quality when purchasing a product from this brand, not only because they specialize in producing misting systems, but also because they provide them to soldiers who serve in a hot climate, desert regions.
Just like previously mentioned Okeler misting system, Misty Mate mosquito misting system also comes unassembled, and either you will have to assemble it yourself or hire someone to do so. The hose of the Okeler misting system is very flexible and is easy to be adjusted in any position necessary. Moreover, nozzles are produced out of stainless steel, therefore they will last a lot longer and be more durable.
The main function of outdoor misting systems is to reduce the heat on unbearable summer days when heat is too much to handle. Soldiers even use these when they are sent on missions to deserts and very hot areas. Surprisingly they have come to appreciate Misty Mate outdoor misting kits. But they do also fulfill other functions. They are also used as a mosquito misting systems, as mosquitoes don’t like rain or any residue in the air. Also, misting systems are widely used to water garden and plants in the summer time, so they don’t dry out.
- Can withstand high water pressures
- Safe for kids and pets
- UV beam resistant
- Nozzles are more durable because manufactured from stainless steal
- In order to work need to be connected to water supply
- Comes unassembled
Pynamite Mosquito Misting System
- Manufacturer: Solar Insect Systems
- Weight: 68 pounds
- Product dimensions: 26 x 26 x 26 inches
- Color: dark green
- Power: battery powered
- Material: stainless steel, nylon, nickel, brass
- Meant for: repelling mosquitoes
- Where can be used: Outdoors only
- Repels mosquitoes for: battery can hold up to two weeks
- Noise: No
- Other features: works with battery and plugged into electricity, battery lasts up to two weeks
Solar Insect Systems, which is founded by Rod Lovett, were one of the first companies to start manufacturing and installing personal misting systems in homes. Nowadays, their misting systems are one of the most popular. Rod Lovett is a bright mind, and because he introduces a lot of innovations, including changing misting systems to automatic, Solar Insect Systems were one of the first companies who introduce battery-powered misting systems, solving problems to people who don’t have access to electricity in their gardens, or for the military, who are in the desert and don’t have electricity available to them.
This outdoor mosquito misting system comes unassembled, therefore you will need to put it together yourself. But it comes with instructions and is easily installed. However, if you feel that it might cause issues and you need some more advice, Solar Insect Systems are more than happy to help and provide charge free phone number and an e-mail address. Nozzles of the mosquito misting system need to be placed 10 feet apart, in wanted area. It comes in a set with digital controller, long range remote control, 30 45° stainless nozzles, 36 nickel/brass union tees, 6 nickel/brass plugs, 300 nylon clamps with attached screws, a tube cutter and 450 feet of nylon tubing.
It comes with a 26-inch cube, which holds approximately 55 gallons of water, in a darkish green color, therefore will perfectly fit in with plants, and won’t be very noticeable. It is possible to order even more nozzles if thirty aren’t enough in order to obtain longer mosquito spray system. You can just fill the tank with water, but you can also add organic or synthetic components like insecticides to the water to deter or kill specific insects. But it would mean that kids and animals shouldn’t be outside when the system is on.
- Operated with battery, or plugged into electricity
- Widely used by military proving its efficiency
- Cube is only 26 inches and holds approximately 55 gallons
- Battery can last up to two weeks
- Comes unassembled
- More heavier than others
- One color – darkish green
Universal Pest Solutions Allclear Cordless Mosquito Spray System
- Manufacturer: Universal Pest Solutions LC
- Weight: 19.2 pounds
- Product dimensions: 26.7 x 17 x 15.1 inches
- Power: battery
- Insect killing method: spraying mist in area
- Material: plastic, polymer
- Meant for: repelling mosquitoes, killing mosquitoes
- Coverage: 2000 square feet
- Where can be used: Outdoors only
- Repels mosquitoes for: 6 hours
- Noise: No
- Other features: cordless
Universal Pest Solutions LC is a relatively new company, founded only in 2007, and based in Texas, Dallas. They only work on developing, manufacturing and selling insect and mosquito control equipment and technologies. Therefore as they only concentrate on developing and producing a product in one sphere, they can provide the highest quality and efficiency. One of their best mosquito control systems is Universal Pests Solutions Allclear cordless mosquito mister system which will be discussed further.
This mosquito spray system is excellent for patio, lawn or garden misting and protecting against mosquitoes. It doesn’t need much assembling when received like all above mentioned misting systems, therefore it is more convenient in this aspect. It can protect an area as large as 2000 square feet for up to six hours at a time. Although it is said to be harmless, it depends on mist solution you choose to use. If you choose to use synthetic mist solution then it will contain chemicals which may cause allergies and different reactions to humans and animals. But you can also use natural solutions which are harmful only to cats. In comparison to previously mentioned misting systems, which work on the whole territory, this misting system only works in the specific area, and if you want to treat different one, you need to move it around manually. However, it should not be difficult as this system is relatively light. But for taller people, this Universal Pest Solutions system it might bring some difficulties when transporting it, as the handle on this mosquito killing system doesn’t extend very much.
Although this mosquito misting systems works very well and kills mosquitoes and insects efficiently, they have not worked on the design very much. It is quite large and will be eye-catching, not in a pleasant way. If you are highly concerned about how misting system will look in your garden then Allclear spray system will not be the perfect choice for you. Also, other misting systems mentioned above can be used as cooling and watering systems, but Allclear spray system has only one purpose, which is getting rid of insects.
- Does not need assembling
- It’s your choice what mist solution you want to use
- Works very efficiently
- For taller people it is not easy to transport it by handle
- Mists only one specific area
- Not an eye-pleasing design
Overall, your choice solely depends on your needs – whether you need an equipment just for killing mosquitoes, or you need also watering and cooling systems. Also, you should research is water and electricity available in your backyard, because some of the misting systems need accessibility to them. Above are mentioned the best outdoors mosquito misting systems for various needs and resources. Therefore you need to pin point your necessities and afterward it should be very easy to determine which of these systems will be the best option for your house.