A quick breakdown of dust mite pillow covers
Dust mite pillow protectors make sure your sleep won’t be bothered by allergic reactions to these microscopic organisms and will instead be calm, resting and pleasant. The key properties of dust mite proof pillow covers are that they seal the allergens inside and don’t let them get to you, they keep dust mites from settling inside your pillow, and they are easier to clean.
Dust mite-proof pillow cover buying guide
- Always choose quality over price. There are some product groups where quality is not that important, but when it comes to your bedding, it’s vital. A poor-quality bedding piece can ruin your sleep for years to come.
- If waterproofness is important, keep in mind that comfort and breathability will take a hit.
- If you have asthma, allergies or other respiratory problems – even something as mild as a sore throat in the morning – make sure that you get a dust mite proof and hypoallergenic pillow cover.
- Keep in mind that a lot of pillow covers tend to retain air and heat which can be troublesome for warm sleepers, especially during the summer months.
- If you are not certain when judging the quality of a product – after all, they all claim to be “excellent” – rely or reading as many customer reviews as possible and when in doubt steer toward brands such as SafeRest, Eco Living Friendly, Utopia Bedding, Hospitology Products, Allersoft, SureGuard, Everlasting Comfort, Linenspa, Home Fashion Designs or LUCID.
Dust mite pillow protectors usage
- Wash them regularly, but according to their individual specifications.
- Keep your pillow covers safe from external damage. The fact that a pillow cover is waterproof doesn’t mean that you can afford to be reckless around it.
- Use a set of several pillow covers for each pillow and switch between them. Rotating two or three pillow covers will prolong their life exponentially.
Keeping your pillow covers clean is a key factor to prolonging their life and effectiveness but be careful not to overdo it or damage the pillow covers by not laundering them according to their specifications.
- These Everlasting Comfort pillow protectors offer excellent waterproof and hypoallergenic qualities while also displaying great dust mite protection. They retain a level of comfort you’d want from pillow covers thanks to their breathable membrane as well.
- The SureGuard pillow protectors offer excellent defense against both bed bugs and dust mites while also giving the user great comfort, as well as maintaining a good level of waterproof and hypoallergenic properties.
- The Hospitology Products Sleep Defense System pillow encasements offer perfect waterproof protection while also being hypoallergenic, dust mite & bed bug proof, and comfortable to sleep in.